The library was established in 1999. In the first semester of the year (2004/2005) A Royal Decree was issued approving the library to be named Prince Hussein Bin Abdullah II Library. Since the academic year (1999/2000), the Library has grown and developed rapidly. The new library building is a prominent landmark in the University. It was built according to the latest architectural designs, inspired by Islamic architectural style and consistent with the rest of the University buildings and facilities. It is located in the center of the other University buildings and consists of three storey's with a total area of (11,000 m2).
Currently, the library occupies the ground floor, which consists of the following halls and facilities:
· Arabic books hall with 166 seats for readers.
· Foreign books hall with 134 seats for readers.
· Arab and foreign periodicals hall, which can accommodate 172 people.
· Audio-visual hall, which can accommodate up to 40 people.
· Loan offices and electronic catalogs lobby, with 5 computers for searching.
· Department of Supply
· Department of classification and indexing
· Department of references and periodicals
· Applications management and computer services.