The objectives of the undergraduate program in mining and mineral engineering take into consideration the intellectual and personal development of students so that after graduation they will be able to:
- Advance in their careers, adapting to new situations and emerging problems, through the application of general purpose engineering skills and the core technical disciplines, analytical procedures, and design practices of the mining engineering profession;
- Function ethically in a variety of professional roles such as mine planner, designer, production manager, mineral processing engineer, consultant, technical support representative and regulatory specialist with emphasis on the mining industries of Jordan and the surrounding region;
- Pursue advanced degrees in mining-related fields and also those fields that support the mining industries such as business
- Utilize professional skills such as effective communication, teamwork, and leadership; and
- Demonstrate an understanding of the critical role mining engineers play in society with respect to health, safety, and the environment in tangible ways such as achieving professional licensure.