The objectives of the chemical engineering program are to produce graduates who :
- Demonstrate the ability to apply mathematics, engineering principles, computer skills, and natural sciences to chemical engineering practice
- Are capable of synthesizing principles and techniques from engineering, mathematics, engineering planning and project management, and the natural and social sciences to develop and evaluate alternative design solutions to engineering problems with specific constraints
- Are prepared for entry into careers in chemical engineering in the diverse areas including petrochemical and petroleum refining, bioengineering, plastic manufacturing, food processing, and water treatment .
- Are prepared to pursue graduate education and research in chemical engineering at major research universities
- Exercise professional responsibility and sensitivity to a broad range of social concerns, such as ethical, environmental, economical, regulatory, and global issues.